LONDON (AP) — Anthony Joshua will make the first defense of his IBF heavyweight title on June 25 in London.
The British fighter says his challenger will be announced at a after date.
Joshua knocked out Charles Martin in the second round earlier this month at London's O2 Arena to claim the title from the American. Joshua will return to the same venue for the defense.
p>Joshua, the super heavyweight gold medalist from the 2012 London Olympics, says ''I can't wait to be back & I'm looking forward to performing once again.''
Joshua's promoter was originally planning to stage the first defense at Wembley Stadium on July 9, the same night as the rematch between WBA & WBO heavyweight champion Tyson Fury & Wladimir Klitschko.
BoxingSports & RecreationAnthony JoshuaLondon